RE: [xsl] copyright symbol in XSLT

Subject: RE: [xsl] copyright symbol in XSLT
From: Stuart Zakon <zakons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 22:40:56 -0500
I have resolved this by using <xsl:text>, which allows the
XSLT processor to just move the copyright symbol into the
output HTML with the ampersand:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&amp;#169;</xsl:text>
</sup> 2002 Company, Inc.</p>

Is this the best approach?

This type of maneuver is so complicated, how do junior people
master these quirks??

Regards,
Stuart Zakon
Objects by Design
http://www.objectsbydesign.com

I have followed earlier recommendations made on this list to
output the copyright symbol using the &#169;  encoding.

However, in my output HTML I see the copyright symbol
preceded by a capital A with something on top:  ©

How do I get rid of that unwanted character?

I use Xalan 2.2 and the XSLT output is created inside
a template that just copies the following: