RE: [xsl] XML doc in CDATA section

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML doc in CDATA section
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:04:32 -0000

> I've got an XML document within a CDATA section. Is it possible to
> parse and transform this document in a single pass, without having to
> first strip the document out and write it to another file?

Why is it within a CDATA section? CDATA is there to allow non-XML text to be
embedded in XML; using it to embed XML seems completely crazy, though it has
become highly fashionable. Apart from anything else, it falls apart if the
nested document itself contains a CDATA section.

Try writing a Perl script that removes the "<![CDATA[" and "]]>" delimiters,
to create the document that you should have been using in the first place.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx