[xsl] Outputting Plain Text with Page Breaks

Subject: [xsl] Outputting Plain Text with Page Breaks
From: "Chris Pearson" <chrisp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:22:42 -0500
Hello once again list,

I'm hoping for some suggestions.  I have a stylesheet which outputs three sections of data: a header level, a mid level and a detail level.  What I am stumped about is how to control the page break of the text on the output document (ie, at the end of the last detail record in the detail section, break to a new page and begin writing the next header / mid/detail section.

I tried using a hex form-feed <xsl:value-of select="'&#x0c;'" />, but saxon reported an unrecognized character.

I guess I can also count the number of lines I have written to that point, and subtract that from the number of lines available on the page.  Any suggestions on how this approach may work?

Gratitude in advance for any ideas,
Chris