Re: [xsl] Wild Card Search

Subject: Re: [xsl] Wild Card Search
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:41:10 +0000
Hi Kunal,

> I was wondering if it is possible to perform a wild card search on
> the following:
>     <xsl:for-each
> select="TAP/TutorialList/Tutorial[DifficultyLevel='Beginner']">
> Something like
>     <xsl:for-each
> select="TAP/TutorialList/Tutorial[DifficultyLevel='*inne*']">

You can check whether a string contains another string with the
contains() function. So you could use:

  TAP/TutorialList/Tutorial[contains(DifficultyLevel, 'inne')]

Or, if there can be more than one DifficultyLevel within each

  TAP/TutorialList/Tutorial[DifficultyLevel[contains(., 'inne')]]

There's no general regular expression testing facility in XPath 1.0,
though one is introduced in XPath 2.0.

Jeni Tennison