Re: [xsl] Euro Entity

Subject: Re: [xsl] Euro Entity
From: "Jonathan Perret" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:28:25 +0100
You don't say what processor you are using, but interestingly,
your symptoms describe one of the wrong things that can happen
with MSXML when using :
    Response.Write xml.transformNode(xsl)

If you call your transform this way, look no further. What's happening
is that the processor (as I detailed here earlier today) is running the
transform for UTF-16 output. Therefore it does not see the need
for an entity reference, as the Euro sign is representable directly
in UTF-16.
When Response.Write comes and tries to translate the UTF-16
string to iso-8859-1, it sees a character that is outside of iso-8859-1
and simply drops it (hence the '?').

Btw, there is no intrinsic "euro" entity in XML.

Cheers,
--Jonathan