Re: [xsl] Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Structuring Re-useable XSLT Code for HTML
From: Steve Ball <Steve.Ball@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:31:03 +1100
gary cor wrote:
Any advise of pointers regarding structuring reusable XSLT code would be very much appreciated...

I started the XSLT Standard Library project ( in order to (a) provide reusable XSLT templates/code and (b) serve as an example of how to engineer reusable stylesheets and templates. As such, I have a keen interest in these matters.

I am building a large amount of complicated HTML pages using XSLT. I have separated out the commonly used variables in HTML pages into their

For some time I've thought it would be very useful to add an XHTML module to
the Standard Library. Such a module could include templates for generating
tables and other common constructs. Let me know if you would like to
work on that, and I can add you as a developer to the SourceForge project.

Steve Ball

Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas |      TclXML TclDOM        | Tcl, Web Development
Ph. +61 2 6242 4099   |   Mobile (0413) 594 462   | Fax +61 2 6242 4099