Re: [xsl] DocBook XSL - Can't get it to do anything, does it do anything?

Subject: Re: [xsl] DocBook XSL - Can't get it to do anything, does it do anything?
From: Markus Spath <mspath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 03:20:04 +0100
hi gary

I first tried .NET and had many errors. Now I have also tried Xalan and XT but still no luck so now and I am assuming I must be either using the wrong style sheets or having completely the wrong idea about what Docbook does?

What I have been doing is mashing a test article.xml through the processor with the docbook.xsl in the html folder (the one that has includes for includes for all the others) and expecting some kind of bare bones HTML article result but I get nothing except of course errors too complicated to trace or a blank article HTML file.

Hope someone with experience with this might be so kind as to give some suggestions.

i also just started playing around with docbook, but i didn't encounter any problems.

assumed you are in your DOCBOOK_HOME/html directory, have a conformant testarticle(.xml) and use xalan:

java -classpath %CLASSPATH%;C:\java\xalan-j_2_0_0\bin\xalan.jar;C:\java\xalan-j_2_0_0\bin\xerces.jar org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -in testarticle.xml -xsl docbook.xsl -out testarticle.html

produced the desired testarticle(.html) output.

maybe you want to try to change to document type declaration from PUBLIC to SYSTEM and point to a local URL - this helped me to speed up the transformation significantly.

hope that helps a little,
markus