[xsl] Generic XSLT stylesheet to generate pages....Ideas please...

Subject: [xsl] Generic XSLT stylesheet to generate pages....Ideas please...
From: "Edward Bedell" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:14:22 +0000
I am trying to come up with a generic XSLT stylesheet which takes in XTML (Page definition), XML (Data), XSLT(standard call_templates for page components) and generates either HTML/XHTML in one go. Alternatively the XHTML(Page definition) could be read in without the XML(Data) to produce an XSLT stylesheet which when applied to the XML (Data) produces XHTML/HTML in a second step. My gut feeling in to produce the resultant XHTML in go since one is effectively merging XML documents to produce a resultant XML document.

Another thought I had was to get the call_template parameter values specified in the XTML ,possibly via user defined tags with attributes which wrap around the XHTML tags. This enable me to define meta areas like multirow tables/forms etc.

Are there stylesheets around that does this , or alternatively does anyone have some good pointers to get me going on this.

Many thanks in advance,

Edward