[xsl] ?Dataislands?

Subject: [xsl] ?Dataislands?
From: "Rosa Cheng" <rosa.cheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:45:02 +1100

Can anyone please tell me what is the best way to approach such a problem using XSL and XML?

I have a page of questions that are divided into tab sections, with a bar of tabs at the top of the page.  You can tab through them or click next to go onto the next tab section.  You can also come back to the tab sections before by clicking on the tabs at the top of the page.  What I want to do though is to ONLY submit all the answers at the very end of the series of questions, i.e. there is a submit button only on the very last tab page.  But as I change the answers and tab through, I want to also keep the answers I had entered before.  This means I have to somehow save the answers entered on the client side through the course of questions answering.

There is one possible solution that has come up and it is:
The original XML will come in and a tabbed questions page will be displayed based on that original XML.  This XML will also be binded to a dataisland.  In fact from there onwards, the pages will be displayed using the XML from the dataisland.  So all I need to do is to just keep updating the XML binded to the dataisland.  And after the user is satisfied with what it has answered, then the XML binded to the dataisland will be submitted to the server.  (But then again, it also means I need to write some script that will update the dataisland XML with the new answers on the page with each tab click.)

I'm not sure whether this is the best approach, can anyone please tell me whether there is a better way or this approach is fine?  If this approach is fine, can anyone direct me to an example of such a page or where to find the javascript to update the binded XML with answers grabbed from the HTML page displayed?

Thank you in advance.

Rosa

P.S. if there is anything that is still unclear please tell me, I will try to explain it better.