[xsl] XSLT 2.0 WD

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 WD
From: Jarkko.Moilanen@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 08:37:32 +0200 (EET)
Hi!

I have been reading the latest WD of XSLT 2.0 and some
questions came to my mind.

I saw that in one point there was reference that:
The result tree fragment data-type is eliminated. A variable-binding elements
with content now constructs a temporary tree, and the value of the variable is
the root node of this tree (see [9.1 Values of Variables and Parameters]). This
feature eliminates the need for the xx:node-set extension function provided by
many XSLT 1.0 implementations.

So atleast one extension function is kind of included to this
version of XSLT. I did not find other references to
extensions or processor specific functions ie. xalan:evaluate()
or other.

Now my question is that:
Is there other implications of extensions or processor functions
that this 2.0 version will implement?

I assume that Michael would know =)

Cheers
Jarkko

Jarkko Moilanen          "Erehtyminen on inhimillista,
Researcher/ ITCM         mutta todella suuret mokat
jm60697@xxxxxx           vaativat tietokoneen käyttöä."
www.uta.fi/~jm60697
GSM: +358 50 3766 927