RE: [xsl] Word Highlighting

Subject: RE: [xsl] Word Highlighting
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:25:47 +0200
Hi,

[snip]

> Now, my problem is that the text is french, with characters
> entities (like é).
>
> If I have words with entities in them, like
> cathédrale, they are considered as three text() nodes,
> not one, and my template matching fails.

Which processor are you using? Entities will not generate separate text nodes in the data model, il.e. a text node never has an immediately following or preceding sibling that is a text node - see <http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#section-Text-Nodes>.

Anyhow, if you have to use a product which creates several text as you described, your problem becomes a grouping problem: process only the first (or last) text node in a group of consecutive text nodes, and there combine the consecutive text nodes into a RTF, and pass that to "marquage" template.

Cheers,

Jarno