Re: [xsl] MSXML / NBSP problem and resolution

Subject: Re: [xsl] MSXML / NBSP problem and resolution
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 18:39:23 GMT
> First of all, where did you find that transformNode returns a BSTR?

the eindows help file that comes with the msxml sdk (a  separate downlad
for msxml3, but part of msxml4 download, as I recall)

> The original problem was how to get an nbsp / #160 or equivalent into
> the output, in order to make a table render correctly.  (<td/> or <td>

well that's easy: just put <td>&#160;</td> and it will work in any
encoding, so long as you don't confuse IE by telling it the file is in
an encoding that it isn't by forcing a latin 1 meta tag when the file is
in utf16. (or having your server specify that the file is in latin1
which is the default html encoding for text/html, I think)

But me I'm not really a microsoft person

information visit or alternatively call