RE: [xsl] empty textarea broken in IE6, mozilla

Subject: RE: [xsl] empty textarea broken in IE6, mozilla
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:06:13 -0700

I suspect you may also be seeing <br /> and the like in your output.

I don't have experience with Xalan-C, only the Java version, but you may
need to explicitly set <xsl:output method="html" version="4.0"/>, or even
use -HTML when invoking the processor to write transitional 4.0 HTML, to
prevent it from minimizing empty elements (I have no idea if you're using a
presentation service or a command-line operation to do the transform).

cheers,
b.

| brian martinez                              brian.martinez@xxxxxxxx |
| senior gui programmer                                  303.708.7248 |
| trip network, inc.                                 fax 303.790.9350 |
| 6436 s. racine cir.                             englewood, co 80111 |
| http://www.cheaptickets.com/                   http://www.trip.com/ |