RE: [xsl] Tramsform XML through mapping schemas using XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Tramsform XML through mapping schemas using XSL
From: "Alistair Power" <alistair.power@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:28:07 -0000
Many thanks for the replies so far. I'm now progressing to look at the
mapping file or "high-level description of a stereotyped transformation",
and was wondering whether I could use xpath statements in this file to
identify data I want to extract from particular elements/attributes, or
identify even the elements themselves.

The question that subsequently arises when creating a mapping file as such
is: Can one pass xpath statements as variables into templates, and then act
on them (against the source document)?

Thanks,
Alistair - alistair.power@xxxxxxxxx