[xsl] is XSLT 2.0 implementable? (was: N : M transformation)

Subject: [xsl] is XSLT 2.0 implementable? (was: N : M transformation)
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:47:23 +0100
Daniel Veillard wrote:

The dependancy on W3C XML Schemas makes it very very unlikely for me.

I agree that dependency on WXS is a bad aspect, but I think it won't be required for all implementations.

I can't implement a specification I don't understand.

Then there is a lot of room for improvement regarding the spec.

As as side
effect I can't implement specifications depending on it too.

Would Relax NG in the place of WXS solve your problems?

   Life is short ... I don't want to bury month and months of
mine into trying to implement (and support !) a spec which is
just too unclear to be understood reliably.

Did you express all this as feedback to the editor, authors, and working group?

At least that's my
perception so far.

I think the spec can only improve if every implementer feeds back any problems he sees, especially if they keep him from implementing the spec.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/