Re: [xsl] Are variables allowed in XPATHs? (Thanks!)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Are variables allowed in XPATHs? (Thanks!)
From: Harry Ohlsen <harryo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 08:14:09 +1100
Just a quick note to say thankyou for all the help you guys have given on this.

In particular, thanks to the people who went to the trouble of explaining how to achieve what I wanted without breaking the rules!

My apologies for my newbie misuse of "xpath" versus "pattern". I'll learn the nuances of this stuff eventually.

I'll also apologise in advance for asking further stupid questions down the line :-).

I'll definitely try to do more research beforehand, but I'm bound to misunderstand things and not realise that I'm asking a naive question, because XSLT's approach is very different to the procedural/OO languages I've used in the past, so even simple things look complicated to my poor old brain.

Thanks again.

Harry O.