Re: [xsl] xsl:output/@indent="yes" and *[@xml:space="preserve"]

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:output/@indent="yes" and *[@xml:space="preserve"]
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:21:32 +0100
Braumüller, Hans wrote:

> Yep, I really would like to offer users of my XSLTs and visitors of
> my  site nicely indented code </snip>
>
> At the end the perfomance is faster in one line, if you have had
> erase the line-breaks, white-space and comments of the developing
> code. Cleaning up this to the final version of the application code
>  bring us up-to half of size for each file measured in kilobytes.

Priorities are different from scenario to scenario.

I don't see how small filesize fulfills my requirement of delivering readable/accessible code which I described above. Whitespace related file size is a low priority in this project (terseness of code still is important), and ws might shrink well over HTTP/gzip.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/