RE: [xsl] [design question]

Subject: RE: [xsl] [design question]
From: "Braumüller, Hans" <H.Braumueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:31:43 +0100
Hi Brian,

thank you very much. Your explications bring me some new ideas. I am also not an  software engineer, and start 8 eight years ago with multimedia computer added design, after many years of making my life with visual art and poetry. Early from multimedia and a little excursion to Desktop Publishing, i started with Webdesign and Search Engine Optimization. Since July 2001 i am doing the interface to the browser/client of an huge software application for financial sevices for a company here in Germany. By the way, mostly erverything i learned about xslt i learned it here from this list. Every morning i read the posts i am interested and sometimes i post my questions and answers.

Back to the subject:

<snip>
  That's similar to what we do, the difference being that your output code is
  inline, whereas we reference an external stylesheet that produces the
  javascript as plain text.
</snip>

The match and named templates are also included as external stylesheets in my case. The difference that everything (also css rules) is still with the method output=html. Have you encountered any difficulties outputting snippets of Javascripts or css as html ? At the end, html is also a plain/text format.

<snip>
  <script language="javascript" src="/trs/{$site}/components/common_js_library.xsl"/>
  ... etc ...
  So what you get is plain-text JavaScript ...
</snip>

Do i understand correctly after transforming your xml you get following html snippet
  <script language="javascript" src="/trs/trip/components/common_js_library.xsl"/>
and this is recognized by the browser/client as valid html and javascript ?

Cool, do you get it work also with css ?

For example:  <style type="text/css" src="/style/display_properties.xsl">

Peace,

Hans Braumüller
-- + --
Mail Art Not War