[xsl] Say thanks to XSL-List with a tip?

Subject: [xsl] Say thanks to XSL-List with a tip?
From: "M V" <htmlhack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:50:49 -0500
Hi all. I don't know if this idea has been kicked around before but, since I've received so much help from the XSL-List, I was wondering if there was a way to express gratitude with something else other than a simple thanks -- as much as I'm sure a word of thanks is always welcome.

What I thought of was, if a person helped me with a specific problem or gave me some useful information, I would be happy to toss a tip in a PayPal tip cup. I don't have to give a tip, as much as someone on the list doesn't have to answer my query. But, if I post a query, and someone posts a useful response, I personally wouldn't think twice about throwing a small tip their way. Tips would be small, I'm sure, but I'm also sure they'd add up for helpful and active respondents.

Perhaps a second additional way to say thanks is to offer tips to Dave Pawson for maintaining the XSL FAQ. In that scenario, maybe Dave could use the money to defer the cost of hosting the FAQ and, if there's anything left at the end of the year, donate the balance to charity.

Either way, if an individual helps me out, and I know they have a tip cup, I'd toss some money in there. Same for finding the FAQ useful. I bet others would be willing to do the same -- and hopefully enough to make it worthwhile.

I thought I'd make the suggestion at least. Anyone else have some thoughts on it?

Mattio