[xsl] I need to sort and then display only the first 12 entries of a node set

Subject: [xsl] I need to sort and then display only the first 12 entries of a node set
From: "Bill Chmura" <Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:33:15 -0500
Hello and please help me!

I have a list that I need to sort and then display only the first 12,
then in another one I need to sort and then display all the ones over
12...

It is for a generating a page of recent entries, then a page of past
entries...

I tried this...
	<xsl:apply-templates
select="/Shsmith/Newsletters/Newsletter[position() &lt; 12]">
		<xsl:sort select="@dateposted" data-type="text"
order="descending"/>
	</xsl:apply-templates>

	<xsl:apply-templates
select="/Shsmith/Newsletters/Newsletter[position() = 12]"
mode="archivelink">
		<xsl:sort select="@dateposted" data-type="text"
order="descending"/>
	</xsl:apply-templates>

Which worked fine until I added a new one.  The position takes effect
before the sort which is the reverse of what I need...

So how can I sort it by the dateposted then only process the first 12 of
them...

Any help would be appreciated, be it a solution or thoery for a possible
solution...

Thanks

Bill