xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable cannot be resolved.

Subject: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable cannot be resolved.
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:37:15 +0100
>No matter how you explain it, there's nothing really intuitive about
it; >it's
>just the way things are; you have to state that the top-level bindings
are
>global, yet overridable within a template, no?

The question is if that is something that should be intuitive. Intuitive
aspects of a language are those things that you can intuit once a core
understanding of the language is achieved.

Here is something I wonder about as I don't know that my own experience
is something to go by:
What do people think is a required level of understanding (the core) of
xslt beyond which one can intuit the rest.

And how much of xslt do people think can be intuited.