Re: [xsl] Re: Reference to variable cannot be resolved.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Reference to variable cannot be resolved.
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 19:52:53 GMT
> What the WD specifies is two or more x-s with exactly the same scope.
not _exactly_ the same as the second isn't in the scope of the first.
I agree it looks worse because there isn't an explicit scope marking
but xsl:variable is really just (let ...) with an implicit end of scope
) inserted at the end of the parent element, isn't it?

I agree to xsl:variables with the same name that are siblings are
probably a user error, but in stopping that xslt1 also stopped
rebinding inside explicit nested element scope as well,

But I think basically we are saying the same thing (just making it look
like an argument to make it interesting)

> I think the biggest problem here is that the scope of a variable is no
> longer obvious in these cases.

David