RE: [xsl] [XSLT2] setting context inside funcdefs

Subject: RE: [xsl] [XSLT2] setting context inside funcdefs
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:08:30 -0000

> I just got confused by the "initially" in
>
>    "Within the body of a stylesheet function, the focus is initially
>    undefined"
>
> which seemed to imply the possibility of setting the focus/context,
> possibly to that of the function call.

Yes, I don't like the "initially" - I've generally tried to avoid words
in the spec that have a temporal connotation.

What it means is that you are allowed to write things like

<xsl:function...
<xsl:variable...
   <xsl:for-each select="$param">

and inside the for-each (or inside a predicate in a filter expression)
the context item is well defined.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx