RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable c annot be resolved.

Subject: RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable c annot be resolved.
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:01:53 -0500
At 01:15 AM 2/15/2003, Roger wrote:
If you only had exposure to math, and not to procedural programming, XSLT's
use of the term "variable" would seem entirely natural.

Mhmm.

Who learns XSLT (or PostScript or Forth or Lisp) as a first programming language?

I can't say anything about the parenthetical three, but as for XSLT, why not? (Don't look now....)

Cheers,
Wendell

    "Thus I make my own use of the telegraph, without consulting
     the directors, like the sparrows, which I perceive use it
     extensively for a perch." -- Thoreau