Re: [xsl] XSLT processor adds unwanted HTML attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT processor adds unwanted HTML attributes
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 00:27:42 +0100
From: Graham Hannington <Ghannington@xxxxxxx>

- MSXSL (the command-line interface to MSXML) appears to not support the
<xsl:document> element.

There is no W3C XSLT recommendation featuring multifile output. There's an XSLT 1.1 draft (not to be finished), and some processor extensions. The only XSLT spec which is likely to feature multifile output is XSLT 2; I hope it will become a rec (final spec) soon.

- Saxon works fine, but - here's the annoying bit - adds colspan and rowspan
attributes to my <td> tags (even though I'm specifying XML as the output
method). I interpret Saxon as doing something "naughty" here, or am I wrong?

Saxon reads the DTD:

<!ATTLIST td
  [...]
  rowspan     %Number;       "1"
  colspan     %Number;       "1"

How do I stop these well-meaning additions?

AFAICS, they are correct. But if you don't want them, omit the doctype in the source doc I would say.

Tobi

-- http://www.pinkjuice.com/