Re: [xsl] The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:32:25 -0500
Thans Jeni for your kind words of support. The problem is 1.0
backward compatibility doesn't help me (as I do want 2.0, the
good part of it anyway :-). And as Michael can tell, I have
done some pushing the envelope of saxon code a bit so that I
was hoping a recent modification of his would make my life
easier. Anyway, I am back at v7.3 now and only lost like 3 hours
of my life ...

Can you show us the place where you need to use xs:integer? It might
be that you can use number() instead?

See my other messages on this, the particular xs:integer() need came from

 <xsl:template match="display">
   <xsl:variable name="indent" select="string-pad(' ', @indent)/>
 </xsl:template>

where it complains that string-pad wants an xsd:integer as second
argument.

And yes my first attempt was at using number(@indent) and then it
complained that it really wanted xsd:integer and not a double ...

and then I used integer(@indent) and it told me it really didn't
know what integer() was, and I had to declare xmlns:xsd='...Schema...'
and then say xsd:integer(@indent) and then it was happy. Lots of
dance for nothing.

-Gunther