RE: [xsl] The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:40:45 -0000
It looks to me as if your problems are mainly due to interactions
between the new type checking rules, which are defined in the XPath
specs, and Java extension functions, which aren't. It's quite possible
that extension functions need a bit of a rethink as to how they fit into
the 2.0 type system. Just be patient, tell me where the problems are,
and I'll look at them. I've always made it quite clear that Saxon 7.x is
trail-blazing and that it's not intended for the faint-hearted.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx