Re: [xsl] Transformation problems with CR-LF

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transformation problems with CR-LF
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:31:10 -0500
>I am using xalan for xml to xml transformation. Input xml string has some

>DOS carriage return and/or line feeds introduced by the source
application,

Xalan -- and any other compliant XML processor -- will normalize line
breaks of any sort to an XML "newline" before processing them. An XSLT
stylesheet will process newline as text, unless you explicitly tell it
otherwise. There's some good advice in Michael Kay's book on how to
suppress undesired whitespace; I presume the FAQs for this list have
equivalent advice...