Re: [xsl] Re: Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:38:26 +0000
Michael,

Michael Kay wrote:

I think the suggestion that the date and time functions could go out of
the core, and into a separate namespace, on the basis that they could be
implemented in an XQuery or XSLT module, might be quite well received in
some quarters - especially if you supplied an implementation!

I'd be interested in mplementing XSD structural type information as a separate module (as outlined at http://www.redrice.com/xml/LocallyLinkedInfosets.html, building on the typetagger partially implemented at http://www.schemavalid.com/utils/typeTagger.zip) - taking it out of the XPath 2.0 may sound radical but I think it could be a very practical proposal.

Francis.

--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson