[xsl] Q on xml transformation

Subject: [xsl] Q on xml transformation
From: "Zhou Runrun" <engp1782@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 01:27:35 +0800
Hi, all:

Sorry if u received it twice!

I am a master student and new to XSLT. Now in my project, given the
input xml schema document -- medical domain ontology (a hierarchy of
concepts related by subsumption relationships whereas in more
sophisticated cases, suitable axioms are added to express other
relationships between concepts and to constrain interpretation of those
concepts), I try to use XSLT to filter out useful information for the
decision model construction. My target xml format may be the XMLBIF
(XML-based BayesNets Interchange Format). Here is the XMLBIF .dtd file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!ELEMENT BIF (NETWORK)*>
<!ATTLIST BIF
	VERSION CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT NETWORK (NAME, (PROPERTY | VARIABLE | DEFINITION)*)>
<!ELEMENT NAME (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT VARIABLE (NAME, (OUTCOME | PROPERTY)*)>
<!ATTLIST VARIABLE
	TYPE (nature | decision | utility) "nature"

<!ELEMENT OUTCOME (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT DEFINITION (FOR | GIVEN | TABLE | PROPERTY)*>
<!ELEMENT FOR (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT GIVEN (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT TABLE (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT PROPERTY (#PCDATA)>

******

Then I could transform the file into xsd format. My question is could I
combine the XMLBIF.xsd with the domain ontology xsd file? Then my target
output xml document (after transformation) should conform to the
combined xsd file. If I got the xsd file, how could I facilitate the
transformation by using it?

Forgive me if my questions are stupid. Any comment on my work will be
highly appreciated.

Cheers!

Zhou Runrun