Re: [xsl] insert a tab/space characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] insert a tab/space characters
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:49:10 -0700 (MST)
Mac Martine wrote:
>  Totally simple question, but . how can I make insert a tab and/or space
> characters into my html output from the xsl?
> &nbsp;, etc aren't legal in the xsl document....

This is the all-time #1 FAQ.
Didn't the list's welcome message point you to the FAQ?

Regardless, just pick one:

1.  &#160;

2.  &#xA0;

3.  &nbsp; after putting <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY nbsp "&#160;">]>
    at the top of your stylesheet, after the XML declaration but before
    anything else (or reference any DTD containing that entity declaration);

4.  type the character directly, if your keyboard and/or OS provide a way
    for you to do so, and your editor can be counted on to save the document
    in an encoding that supports that character, and you've made the
    encoding declaration match your editor's output.