RE: [xsl] Stylesheets to render stylesheets.. [Repost?]

Subject: RE: [xsl] Stylesheets to render stylesheets.. [Repost?]
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:06:45 -0000
> >p.s. Can anyone think of any other use for this element?

I think another application is to set xsi:schemaLocation or xsi:type in
the result document, without triggering schema validation of the
stylesheet. The same argument also applies to xml:base and xml:space,
and to XInclude elements, though I can't say I've seen a great demand
for these features in result trees.

However, anything that you can do with xsl:namespace-alias can also be
achieved by avoiding literal result elements, and using xsl:element and
xsl:attribute instead.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx