RE: [xsl] XMLPipe model: should we change the name?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XMLPipe model: should we change the name?
From: "Paul Brown" <prb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:09:03 -0500
> From: Mike Brown [mailto:mike@xxxxxxxx]
> One thing that we noticed when implementing stylesheet
> chaining/pipelining/whatever in 4Suite (see, I can
> advertise, too) is the problem of what to do
> with external stylesheet parameters. Say you want to
> pass the output of stylesheet 1 to stylesheet 2, and
> stylesheet 2 needs some top-level parameters passed
> in.

One approach to this is to implement an XMLFilter wrapper for the XSLT transformer that is different than the one that the JAXP1.1 APIs provide.  Among other things, you can use the XMLFilter.setProperty(String,Object) method (inherited from XMLReader) to set parameters on the transformer.  Just use a suitable URI scheme to identify the parameters, e.g.,

	param:foo

maps to the parameter foo.

My $0.02.

	-- Paul