Re: [xsl] open and closed tag merged into one using HTML output

Subject: Re: [xsl] open and closed tag merged into one using HTML output
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 22:07:11 +0100
David Smith wrote:
<textarea name="text"><xsl:value-of select="/root/description"/></textarea>
but when it is parsed, as there is no /root/description element, or it's empty, it comes out like this:
<textarea name="text"/>

This should not happen if the output method was correctly set to HTML. You should tell something more about your environment. Is the output of the transformer really a stream?

The parser I am using is the Xalan Java processor.
This invites flames! :-) I don't think Xalan is a parser, nor does
it process Java.

J.Pietschmann