Re: [xsl] Why oh Why?? Namespace generation problem.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why oh Why?? Namespace generation problem.
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:50:50 -0800
At 12:54 AM 2/28/2003 +0000, you wrote:
You shouldn't have to generate the default namespace declaration at all
just arrange that your stylesheet generates the child elements of
xsd:annotation in the correct namespace and the system will insert a
namespace declaration at a suitable point (or points)

Well that is part of the rub. I have information in the appinfo and the documentation sections and would prefer that the XSLT processor at least put the default namespace on these elements or even better moved it up to the annotation element so it is defined once per annotation.

What currently happens is that the documentation element has a single element that contains everything, so XSLT puts the default declaration on that element. In appinfo I don't have a wrapping element so each element inside appinfo gets the default namespace applied.

When I generate the annotation element with the default namespace, all the lower declarations disappear as they should. Only problem is that now my code has all these URIs that I need to manage instead of a nice stable variable reference.

..dan