RE: [xsl] DTD validation

Subject: RE: [xsl] DTD validation
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 09:42:56 +0100
> I desperately need more information about this, or any
> workarounds,  I have a go live this week !!!! thanks for help
> in advance

You should be aware that other people on this list don't care two hoots
about your project deadlines. In fact, some of us are less likely to
respond to such requests, because it often indicates that you are
panicking and not taking care to do things properly.

> the error is
> output of external XSL converter
>
> XSLT error
> (javax.xml.transform.TransformerException):JAVA.IO.FileNotFoun
> dException)
> C:\LoadTenderedInterface\.\EventNotif\LoadTendered.dtd (
> system cannot find the path specified)

What does the reference to the DTD in the source XML file look like?

Remember that it should be a URI, not a filename. Some processors allow
you to use a filename, but they are wrong to do so. URIs do not use
backslashes as separators, and do not start with "C:".

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx