[xsl] get the xsl:variable in an other xsl?

Subject: [xsl] get the xsl:variable in an other xsl?
From: John Barden <jb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:09:43 +0200
Hi,

I have a problem.

There are 4 Files: data.xml -> data.xsl and details.xml -> details.xsl

I have a xsl:variable in the data.xsl:
<xsl:variable name="structure">
<xsl:value-of select="root/data/test"/>
</xsl:variable>

And there is a link to "details.xml" on the "data.xml" file.

When the user clicks the link, I want to show the xsl:variable from the
data.xsl on the details.xml page. So I need the variable in the
details.xsl.

How have I got to do this?
Is it possible to change the link to details.xml with a parameter (like
details.xml?structure=blabalbla)? If I do this, how can I then get the
parameter in the details.xsl?
Or can I use something like the document() function in the details.xsl
to get the variable from the other file?

I hope, you understand my problem. Sounds a bit difficult. But I really
need it.

Thanks for your help

greets
John