Re: [xsl] Loosing children

Subject: Re: [xsl] Loosing children
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:58:22 +0100
> Any errors in this? I loose children from my xml using it...

well it's correct XSLT but presulably not what you wanted to do...

Ypu have:

   <xsl:for-each select="child::*">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:for-each>

If you had just gone

      <xsl:apply-templates/>

then this template would have recursively processed the children of the
current node. But as it is you are just asking it to for-each over each
element child, but not do anything other than process that child's
children so you will go down your tree two generations at a time,
processing grandchildren but not children.

What you have is equivalent to

      <xsl:apply-templates select="*/node()"/>

David