FW: [xsl] XML/XSL Validator

Subject: FW: [xsl] XML/XSL Validator
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:25:33 -0600

Any processor that conforms to the XSLT 1.0 spec will do the trick.  First
your source document is checked by the XML parser to ensure it is
well-formed and conforms to the XML 1.0 spec; then your stylesheet is also
parsed and then compiled by the XSLT processor.  Any errors in the
stylesheet will be flagged and reported by the processor.

It sounds like you want a lint-checker for your stylesheets to use before
applying them to source documents; such a beast exists, but it hasn't been
updated in almost three years:

http://nwalsh.com/xsl/xslint/

You're better off just configuring your XSLT editor to use a command-line
processor, if possible.  Or consider using an editor that has a built-in
debugger; the only one I'm familiar with is XMLSPY 5, but there may be
non-commercial alternatives out there as well.

hth,
b. (please note new e-mail address, below)

| brian martinez                           brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.708.7248 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.790.9350 |
| 6436 s. racine cir.                             englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |