RE: [xsl] xsl templates, Removing spurious namespace declarations in output elements

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl templates, Removing spurious namespace declarations in output elements
From: "Tim Wilkins" <Tim.Wilkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:36:43 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:
> If your input has "xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml";
> then where is the gml: prefix used?

The file in question is intended to translate from GML (Geography Markup
Language) to the data format used by our own software.  GML is intended to
be extended, and this has been done by the Ordnance Survey in the UK, for
example.  The multi-stage process is so that the last stage only depends
upon GML and our final output format.  A previous stage will depend upon the
precise customisation, but can add elements in out final output format to
the data, which I then need to copy without any changes.

For another example, I might want to convert

<gml:coord>
<gml:X>123</gml:X>
<gml:Y>456</gml:Y>
</gml:coord>

<Point X="123" Y="456" />

The Attribute element referred to earlier contains a text element, which is
simply set to the value of an attribute of an Ordnance Survey element as in,

<Attribute Mnemonic="name" Type="Text">
<TextValue>a value</TextValue>
</Attribute>

Tim