Re: [xsl] String manipulations with quotes

Subject: Re: [xsl] String manipulations with quotes
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:02:18 +0200
Betty Harvey wrote:
I am trying to grab text within quotes. XSLT is not being cooperative. Does anyone have any tricks to grab the quote. I would expect it would see
the double quote in the single quote as 'text' and not a delimiter. However, it sees it as a closing quote. I tried the 'old vi backslash
trick'but it didn't work.

There is no backslash escaping in XML/XPath. Try <xsl:variable name="name1"> <xsl:value-of select="substring-after ($definition, '&quot;')"/> </xsl:variable>

BTW you could write this as
 <xsl:variable name="name1" select="substring-after($definition, '&quot;')"/>

J.Pietschmann