RE: [xsl] reverse and forward order

Subject: RE: [xsl] reverse and forward order
From: Andrew Watt <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 20:55:00 +0100
At 19:16 11/04/2003 +0100, Michael Kay wrote:
ancestor::*[1] selects the immediate ancestor (the parent)
(ancestor::*)[1] selects the ultimate ancestor (the document element)

Incidentally, I got this wrong at http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#d5e11213
and no-one has written to point it out - do I have to offer a prize to
get you guys to spot my mistakes, or what?

Michael,

Are you sure?

The ultimate ancestor (or ancestor first in document order) is the document node in XSLT 2.0 (root node in XSLT 1.0) not the document element as you suggest above.

It is obviously too late in the evening for one of us. :)

Andrew Watt