Re: [xsl] How to render TEI <div*>s with chapter-like pagination?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to render TEI <div*>s with chapter-like pagination?
From: "James J. Ramsey" <jjramsey_6x9eq42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 16:15:31 -0700 (PDT)
--- David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any way to select or process the siblings
> in
> between one top-level <div*> and the next,
> especially
> with something that only uses XPath 1.0?
>

> Yes this is a grouping problem, see the usual places
> like Jeni's site.
> one way:
> <xsl:key name="x"  match="node()"
> use="generate-id((..|preceding-sibling::div1|

preceding-sibling::div2|preceding-sibling::div3)[last()])"/>

> Then
> sitting on the parent
>

> for-each select=".|div1|div2|div3"
>
> the requested set of nodes is
>   key('x',generate-id(.))

*If* I understand that correctly -- and that's a big
if -- the nodes returned by key('x',generate-id(.))
would be the nodes that bound each portion of content
that I'm trying to collect. If I wanted to ignore the
content between successive <div1>s, this would be
helpful. However, I don't see how the node set
returned by the call to "key" could be input to
anything that would actually retrieve content between
successive <div*>s.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I want to do is
collect the siblings following one top-level <div*>
but preceding the next top-level <div*> so that I
could, for example, render them within the page
sequence containing the contents of the <div> that
preceded them.