RE: [xsl] Sorting on call-template value?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Sorting on call-template value?
From: "Avula, Raj" <ravula@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:17:51 -0700
I don't understand your explanation on why it does not work.

> The value returned from call-template would
>presumably vary for every possible node in the "for-each" list
NO. Value is being assigned to the variable out side for-each block.
It is just being used inside for-each.

>The example
>shown below would have a single value for the variable "sortkey".  It would
>not be very useful unless it could be different for each node in

Can you explain this better. May be I am missing something here.
Sorting will be done basically on one attribute or element. What do you mean
by different for each node.