RE: [xsl] xslt2 grouping

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt2 grouping
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:13:58 +0100
> > I can understand dp's point, when reading section 14
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#grouping of the spec it does give the
> > impression that @group-by removes duplicates (instead of
> accessing them
> > through current-group()).
>
> If I was Mike (which I'm not;-) I wouldn't know which bit to change
> given this comment.

Sorry, hardly constructive I know.  It was just in the first paragraph it states:

" Since grouping identifies items with duplicate values, the same facilities also allow selection of the distinct values in a sequence of items, that is, the elimination of duplicates."

...which on closer reading is fine, but could initially lead the reader into believing that grouping was in itself selecting duplicates and removing them.  Possibly.  I think maybe I should do some closer reading first time round :)

cheers
andrew

---