Re: [xsl] FOP conversion font problems

Subject: Re: [xsl] FOP conversion font problems
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:16:13 +0200
Mike Ferrando wrote:
Thanks for the links. I have read them. I will just have to transform
my XML into FO catching every character not in the base font set. I
will then put the character in <fo:inline> and indicate the font
family found in my userconfig.xml file. The bottom line is that the
characters not in the base font set are a wash.

The base fonts are sufficient for most westerners, in particular they are a slight superset of Latin-1. If you you have that many non-Latin-1 characters, why don't you use a full Unicode font, like ArialUni.ttf? You'll have to declare the font family only once, e.g. on fo:root.

At least I can
display them correctly even if they cannot be searched.

Do you mean you can't find such characters in the resulting PDF? I don't have this problem.

J.Pietschmann