[xsl] Problem with IExplorer 5.5 and IExplorer 6.0 using Microsoft.XMLDOM

Subject: [xsl] Problem with IExplorer 5.5 and IExplorer 6.0 using Microsoft.XMLDOM
From: "Amargos Carreras, Albert" <aamargos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:58:38 +0200
Hi,

I am quite new at xsl and xslt. I have a code wich is working over
WindowsXP and IExplorer 6.0 but it is not over W2000 and IExplorer 5.5.
I think it is very basic, it is taken from Microsoft Web Site, using
Microsoft.XMLDOM.

It seems that in the former version of IExplorer it is not included
anything about XSLT, because in the last version it is recognised. If
you execute start.htm with IE6.0 you have a response that you don't have
with IE5.5.

Does anyone know why is it happening this?

Maybe is a very basic question, I have just started facing these
problems

Thanks in advance,

Alberto.

HTML File (start.htm):

<script language="javascript">

// Load XML

var xml = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

xml.async = false

xml.load("C:\\Alb\\IntegracionOutlook\\HTML\\customers.xml")

// Load the XSL

var xsl = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

xsl.async = false

xsl.load("C:\\Alb\\IntegracionOutlook\\HTML\\script.xsl")

// Transform

document.write(xml.transformNode(xsl))

</script>

XSL File (C:\\Alb\\IntegracionOutlook\\HTML\\script.xsl):

<?xml version='1.0'?>

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

      xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"

      xmlns:user="http://mycompany.com/mynamespace";>

<msxsl:script language="JScript" implements-prefix="user">

   function xml(nodelist) {

      return nodelist.nextNode().xml;

   }

</msxsl:script>

<xsl:template match="/">

   <xsl:value-of select="user:xml(.)"/>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

XML File (:\\Alb\\IntegracionOutlook\\HTML\\customers.xml)

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="script.xsl" ?>

<customers>

   <customer>

      <name>John Smith</name>

      <address>123 Elm St.</address>