RE: [xsl] That old song "document() with text-files"

Subject: RE: [xsl] That old song "document() with text-files"
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:07:11 +0100
If the filename of the text file is being passed into the transform as a parameter, then pass in the whole document instead.

If, as I think you've stated, the filename comes from within the source xml, you could set up an XMLFilter to parse out the filename and then pass in the text file it points to as a parameter.

Or of course, post-process the output to include the text file then.

Lots of ways... all dependent on how you are performing the transform (which I dont think youve mentioned)

cheers
andrew

> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with importing data from text-files. Of course it
> isn't supposed to work, but my question is more; does anyone have
> any idea of how to solve the problem of reading documents that aren't
> XML, as pure CDATA? Using document() is for XML docs only,
> but maybe some
> vendor has made some extension to this common problem? All I need
> is a CDATA copy-of of a file; no parsing or anything, a pure copy.
>
> The text-input files are generated elsewhere, and I don't
> have the option
> to add XML-wrapper to it, nor making the little HTML inside
> XHTML.
>
> I *could* use ENTITIES and define these, but filenames come in during
> parsing in a variable $filename, so it can't work that way. Any ideas
> anyone?
>

> Alexander

---