RE: [xsl] Outer Loop and Inner Loop

Subject: RE: [xsl] Outer Loop and Inner Loop
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:07:36 -0400
[Michael Kay]

> You're having an off day, Tom. You've only corrected one of his four
> errors.
>
> The other three are:
>
> * You can't use a predicate (an expression in square brackets) on its
> own
> * @ needs to be followed by a NodeTest
> * "=" always does a comparison of the value of a node, not its name or
> its identity.

Yup, just picking on the one most obvious thing.  The real trouble here
is that Karl's questions are badly posed - he is not doing his part by
isolating specific problems and describing them clearly and in context.
I think I assumed that the free-floating predicate really was - or would
soon be -attached to someting and then did not even see it any more!
Maybe brain-rot is setting in...  Enjoy your weekend.

Karl, you have to start looking things up in reference materal and stop
all this guessing.  You will still get stuck because the specifications
and explanations do not always make it clear how things are supposd to
work, but that is a lot better than guessing.  Do not feel bad, though -
I still do my share of guessing.  When that does not work as expected,
then I go to the references.  If you cannot or will not buy Mike's book
or Jeni's book, at least the Rec and good FAQs and examples are on line.

Cheers,

Tom P