Re: [xsl] xsl:function

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:function
From: "Kurt Cagle" <kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 22:11:55 -0700
Michael,

Just wanted to drop a note saying that the Saxon 7.5 implementation looks
good. One thing that did occur to me -- with the ability to specify data
types now an intrinsic part of the language, I wonder if the two functions

 <xsl:function name="ol:func">
  <xsl:param name="arg1" as="xs:integer"/>
  <h1>This is an integer</h1>
 </xsl:function>

 <xsl:function name="ol:func">
  <xsl:param name="arg1" as="xs:string"/>
  <h1>This is a string</h1>
 </xsl:function>

should in fact be considered the same thing (they are in the implementation
and apparently the current spec) or whether in fact they have distinct
signatures. Put another way, does the introductio of the as attribute make
overloading of functional names a possibility?

-- Kurt Cagle